Dear Neuse River Leaders;
(please pass this email on to the those responsible for your unit recharter)
To help with the rechartering process, we will conduct an "Online Internet Rechartering Training & Information" class to be held November 7, 2013 @ 7pm during our Roundtable session. (see attached flyer) Unit Charters will be passed out at this time
so please have a unit representative present to receive them.
We expect that everyone will use the Online Internet Rechartering System to process your renewal but, you will need to recalculate the fees due with the charter, as the system will calculate for an entire year.
Below please find a simple example of recalculated fees due with a charter this year. As always, we ask that you do not fill in the amount on your check for fees
until told to do so - commissioners will be sure that the fees have been properly calculated and the appropriate insurance fees have been added.
12 month fee for each youth & adult on charter: $24.00
12 month Boy's Life fee (youth & adult): $12.00
Insurance fee (per person) not prorated: $ 1.00
Charter Renewal fee - not prorated: $40.00
Upon completion of your charter and ready for submission, please be sure to include the following:
- Charter Renewal Printout: signed on the front by the listed "Executive Officer& Unit Leader
- All applications for youth and adult members: as called for on the first page printed out.
- Proof of Youth Protection Training: for those leaders whose record notes that it is required. (YPT flyer attached)
- Check for appropriate fees: please do not fill in the amount until told to do so.
- Annual Charter Agreement: signed by the Executive Officer of the Chartered Organization.
We will have an "official" Charter turn in at our January Roundtable, 1/2/14. If you have any questions or concerns prior to our next Roundtable and training session please give me a call or contact your unit commissioner.
Also remember to complete your 2013 Quality Unit Journey to Excellence Commitment forms and turn those in to the Council office no later than January 15th to be eligible to receive your award.
Thank you for all you do for Scouting and the youth that we serve!
Neuse River District Commissioner